Baker's service dog can sniff out life-threatening odors, as well as alert to her an oncoming reaction. (SWNS)
A 15-year-old girl who was forced to skip school and live inside a sealed room after she developed a life-threatening allergy to smells two years ago said shes been able to gain some normalcy after being paired with a service dog.
Caiomhe has changed my life, Martine Baker, who was diagnosed with Mass Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), told SWNS. I feel so much safer with her around, I am able to have a social life again. I lost a lot of friends after I developed MCAS, its hard for people to handle, for them to watch me collapse and have to take my EpiPen and be rushed to the hospital all the time.
STYLIST SPOTS MAN'S CANCER WHILE BRUSHING HIS HAIR
MCAS can be triggered by different foods, exercise, chemicals, fragrancesand stress. According to Mast Cell Action, it affects ...