Saturday, Oct. 24
Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2015 10:17 pm
This years Conasauga Watershed Clean-up event will take place at seven different sites across both Whitfield and Murray counties from 9 a.m. to noon.
1. Conasauga River at Carlton Petty Road bridge.
2. Conasauga River at Highway 2 bridge.
3. Conasauga River at Lower Kings Bridge and Norton Bridge.
4. Holly Creek, Murray County, on the Chattahoochee National Forest.
5. Mill Creek tributary in the city of Dalton.
6. Coahulla Creek at Praters Mill.
7. Lakeshore Park in the city of Dalton.
Whitfield County and Murray County residents are invited to participate in the 21st Annual Conasauga Watershed Clean-up event on Saturday, Oct. 24, to help keep local waterways clean.
As one of the largest local volunteer events in the community, the Conasauga River Clean-up is hosted in partnership with several local nonprofits, businesses and environmental organizations during United Ways Make a Difference Day. Last year 360 volunteers picked up and ...